On The Cosmic Ray Observation System (Spark Chamber)
- The discharge chamber(spark chamber) is the observation system of flight track of particles
- developped ,first in the world, at Osaka University by Prof. Shuji Fukui of Nagoya University
- and received the Nishina Memorial Prize in 1961 and Asahi Prize in 1962). Various type of
- discharge chamber(spark chamber) are now widely used all over the world,in the institutes of
- High Energy Physics and/or Cosmic Rays as the central experimental apparatus. With technical
- guidance of Prof. Fukui, OHYO KOKEN KOGYO CO., LTD. modified the discharge
- chamber(spark chamber) used for experimental research and developped a scientific
- education system and named as The Cosmic Ray Observation System [Spark Chamber]
- (Patent pending).
- For exhibition purpose , the system is designed with special considerations on ease of
- observation and maintenance as well as safety. We believe that the Cosmic Ray Observation
- System [Spark Chamber] is useful to recognise the existence of natural radiation and for
- better understanding of radiation by observing on-coming cosmic rays.